Istanbul Classics Tour by Walk
Let Istanbul fascinate you!
You will start your day with this half day morning delight in the Old city part of Istanbul… and we guarantee you an experience that you will never forget! Istanbul Classics Tour by Walk will offer you the must see places while you are in Istanbul & Turkey.
An amazing architectural sample of Byzantium Era that was built in 537! A former Christian church and one of the most precious gem of the World Heritage. In 1453 during the conquest of Istanbul by Fatih Sultan Mehmed, converted into a mosque. Mustafa Kemal Ataturk converted it into a museum in 1935. Hagia Sophia also called as “the eighth wonder of the world”…
This imposingly beautiful mosque too kits name because of its amazing blue tiled interior! It was built between 1609-1616 for Sultan Ahmet, and it is one of the two mosques in Turkey with six minarets! Besides of being a tourist attraction, it is also an active mosque which closes its doors fivetimes a day
Hippodrome of Constantinople
The Hippodrome of Constantinople was a public entertainment space intended for horse and chario tracings while gaining at the same time institutional and political dimensions. Its capacity was estimated to reach 100,000 viewers, while the total length was about 450 meters! Currently an elongated public garden, with many remains of the Hippodrome to remind us its greatness…
Built in 1560 as a school, designed by Sinan on the orders of Cafer Ağa right next to Hagia Sophia. Now a days hosts a cultural organisation for teaching and promoting traditional Turkish handicraft! Providesover 12 handicraft courses such as the popular art of marbling, painting, jewelery, porcelain, calligraphy, Ottoman language, ceramic and stained glass
- Professional guidance (standardgrouptour in English-please ask for other languages)
- Pick up from your hotel (Only from Sultanahmet and Taksim area)
- Museum fees
- Everything unless indicated differently
- Customary tip to driver and tour guide
- Personal expenses
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel and assist you to meet with your tour guide around 07:45–08:20 according to your hotel location,
- At the end of the tour, participants will be dropped off to their hotels. Please inform your tour guide if you prefer to return by yourself,
- You can combine this tour with one of the afternoon tours,
- Hagia Sophia is closed on Mondays & replaced with Basilica Cistern,
- Caferaga Medresesi is closed on Mondays,
- This is a walking tour,
- The tour begins at 08:30 and finishes at 12:00.