Ottoman Relics Tour by Walk (Half day Afternoon)
Let Istanbul fascinate you!
You will start your day with this half day morning delight in the Old city part of Istanbul… and we guarantee you an experience that you will never forget! Ottoman Relics Tour is another best option when you are in Istanbul first time.
Topkapi Imperial Palace – Topkapı Sarayi
(Closed on Tuesdays & replaced with Basilica Cistern)
Started to build in 1460 and finished in 1478 for Sultan Mehmet – the conqueror of Istanbul. Topkapi Palace was the primary residence of Ottoman Sultans. The palace was transformed into a museum in 1924 and was declared as a World Heritage by UNESCO in 1985.
(Harem Section is not included in the itinerary because it subjects to additional time and fee so please check with your tour guide if you would like to spend time over there on your own.)
Grand Bazaar – Kapali Carsi (1461)
(Closed on Sundays & replaced with Spice Bazaar)
In addition to its historical importance, it’s a bazaar that will tempt even the no shoppers with its rich collection of precious handmade carpets, jewelry, leather and souvenirs. You have chance to visit 2 parts;
This part of the bazaar is covered section which is dating back to1461. It is very nice place to see the Ottoman oriental bazaar where you could find some small souvenirs.
This section of the bazaar are surrounded with export houses (free V.A.T and free shipment chance) subsidized by Turkish Government where local and foreign visitors who are looking for real Turkish handicrafts-leather-jewelry which are being sold with certificate and authenticity. You will enjoy your safe bazaar trip in this hassle free part.
At the end of tour, participants will be dropped off to their hotels. Please inform your tour guide if you prefer to return by yourself or to spend more time at wherever you are.
You may pay to our guide during the tour either with credit card or in cash.
Please note; most a walking tour so your shoes must be comfortable
The tour starts at about 13:30 and finishes at about 17:00
- Pick up & drop off from/to your hotel (only from Sultanahmet and Taksim Hotels)
- Professional guidance (in English only, please ask for other languages)
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses
- Customary tip to driver and tour guide
- Anything unless specified being included
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel and assist you to meet with your tour guide around 12:30–12:45 according to your hotel location,
- At the end of the tour, participants will be dropped off to their hotels. Please inform your tour guide if you prefer to return by yourself,
- You can combine this tour with one of the morning tours,
- This is a walking tour,
- The tour begins at 13:00 and finishes at 16:30 – 17:00